First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Response to Max's post

I completely disagree with everything Max is saying in his post. Yes, it is obviously true that Assef and his friends are awful, but if you think about it, so is Amir. The act itself is horrendous, but in my eyes, what Amir did is way worse. I still think that Amir could have avoided it all if he had done anything. What type of person just let's their best friend get raped? For some reason, I completely blame Amir. Hassan was trying to do something nice for him and get the kite, but Amir takes it for granted and decides to let Hassan go through that. I do not think Hassan should fight back. What he went through is way too traumatizing and embarrassing. Nothing Hassan does could ever top that, plus he is not that type of person. Hassan is actually a decent kid, who has morals and did everything to protect Amir. I think Hassan did the right thing by not reacting and pretending as if nothing happened, because maybe that way Assef will stop. However, I do think Hassan should have told his father or Baba earlier; Baba would have definitely done something about it. I do not think I could ever let Amir live down what he let happen. He acts the same when he gets mad at his father for defending a woman who is about to get raped. Baba didn't even know the girl and he stood up for her while Amir let his best friend get raped. This also shows how different the father and son are.

No comments:

Post a Comment