First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Comment on Jose's Response

            After reading your post, I completely agree with you. In fact, many of the points that you made in your piece are present in mine. Similar to you, I hated reading “Atlas Shrugged”. I viewed it as a chore or a punishment. However, the situation was completely different when it came to “The Kite Runner”. I actually enjoyed reading the book.
            I also agree with your point about Amir in the first half of the book. I hated him as a person and viewed him as a coward. As I pointed out in my reaction, these two brothers (by their relationship, not by blood although we find this out later), meant everything to each other. It is absolutely ridiculous that Amir would not stand up for his brother in the situation and go and try to defend him against Assef.

            Finally, your point about Amir and Baba finally connected in America made me happy as well. It was interesting to see that if you take away all of the money and power someone has, they become closer with their family. In my opinion, the best part about Amir and Baba moving to the United States of America was the fact that they were able to become closer as father and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment