First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Response to Mona

I agree with what you’re saying about how far the apple fell from the tree. It appears to be like Hassan should’ve been Baba’s son instead of Amir because Amir has barely anything in common with his father.  I also think he had a redundant reaction to his father almost being murdered, and I think he’s a coward and that he has not learned a thing from his dad. His dad represents pride and confidence, independence and strength. On the other hand, Amir represents weakness, low self-esteem, and insecurity. Now that his dad is gone, I’m excited to see how Amir will react and start to fend for himself. He has never really been able to have the opportunity to do something big on his own because Hassan and Baba have always stood by his side, but without them gone, I feel like he might finally come to the realization that his childish attitude needs to develop into something like that of his father’s. I think that now that he has Soraya to take care of, he will finally become the mature adult he was always meant to be and take on the role of family leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment