First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Comment On Davis' Post

I agree with Davis one hundred percent. Except for this week’s, my past two blogs have been about how much I dislike Amir and how I did not respect him. Although my respect for him went up when he had to take care of his father for getting angry at the old couple and showing signs of maturation and responsibility, I am still a bit disgusted by him. No matter what good deeds he commits, knowing that he let his best friend get raped is something that will always be on the back of my mind. I understand that was a child, and as humans we are selfish creatures, but there is a line. I do not blame Amir for wanting his father to be proud of him and for taking the credit of chasing down the kite, but Hassan’s worst moment of his life, is definitely on Amir and his entire fault. I agree with Davis when he says that Amir is weak and pathetic. Instead of being someone with dignity and apologizing face to face, he tries to get Hassan angry. He wants to feel pain because he knows what he did is wrong; he wants Hassan to hate him so his guilt can go away. Honestly, I do not care that he did not tell anyone. If he would have done something about it, there would not be a secret to hide. If he would have helped his friend in a time of need, he would not feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment