First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Comment on Camille

It is news to me that anybody was moving to America. So, needless to say, Camille just ruined my weekend. Thanks, Camille. From what I gathered, I can see how it would be a difficult decision to make between either Amir or Hassan leaving away from Afghanistan. It appears that, once again, Amir proves himself to be literally the worst human being alive as he tries to separate his family. I do not understand how Amir and Baba transformed from such a wealthy family to living in poverty in America. I was not entirely understanding of the business that Baba was taking part in while in Afghanistan, but apparently whatever it was did not work out. It seems relatable that Amir cares less and less about what his father thinks about him, because that seems to be a general trend in American culture. The amount of respect for one’s parents is far weaker than in various middle eastern countries and cultures. It is said that Amir is given a new chance at life and Baba is left old and destitute, because it seemed earlier in the book that Baba was the one who lived with morals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment