First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Comment on Mona's post

     The scene Mona described was shocking to me as well. When reading it, I lost respect for Amir, which did not seem possible since I had lost most of it when he let Hassan get raped. During the interaction with the Russian soldier the only thing Amir could do was think. He was annoyed at his father for constantly interfering in situations that had nothing to do with him. Like Mona, if someone had said anything closely related to what the Russian soldier had said to my dad I would have done something. In that instant I found myself wondering what Amir would possibly do without his father. If Baba had died in that moment, Amir's life would have changed dramatically. Amir would not be able to live with the grief of losing his father and the guilt of what he had to Hassan. He would have no place to go and way of providing for himself since he was still a minor.  I understand that it is easier to be a bystander in that situation but when it comes down to your own flesh and blood it is a different story. I would have taken a bullet for my father in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment