First Period Blog

First Period Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First Analysis

I have liked this book so far. Hosseini does a good job at putting the reader in the perspective of a young child and leads them through the feeling and thoughts realistically. As for the characters, I like Hassan the most. He is like Amir’s guardian angel, Baba’s dream son, and a character that the reader should feel some sort of sympathy for because of all the controversy he has overcome in his life and still become such a good person. Amir has me on and off. I sympathize with him when he gets so upset about his father’s neglect and the lack of attention he gives him because I know that for a son, the father’s judgment is very important, and so seeing his dad consider him a disappointment, as he has shown, obviously affects him deeply and depresses him. The moments when I don’t like him and actually side with the dad on his disapproval of his son are in instances that he thinks himself so much higher than Hassan. It is evident that young kids are always competing to see who is better, but it gets me mad that Amir tries to make Hassan feel less than him when all Hassan does is love and care for Amir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment